Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Artwork Creations ...

Just a quick post about what I've been up to over Christmas.  I hope you all had a fabulous time, and that you aren't all mourning the utter lack of sparkle the way I'll admit I am, just slightly ...

If you follow my blog, you'll know I've only recently picked up my pencils again after a hiatus of many years.  I've been having lots of fun drawing, and it was suggested to me that I might like to make some of the drawings into cards.  So I did. ;)


These are the first batch, and a new batch of (different) cards are on their way.  Anyone who has ever seen their artwork professionally printed will know how thrilled I was when I opened the box.  It's the first time it's ever happened to me and it was almost like looking at someone else's work on those smooth, high quality cards - incredibly exciting!  (Way more exciting to me than anyone else I showed them to, I'm sure!)

Then one of my lovely customers and followers mentioned that one of my drawings would look nice as a pendant, and that got me thinking ... a few supplies (and a right gluey mess, naturally - as it's me) later, and I now have glossy glass and silver encased miniature wearable artwork, like so:


Exciting, huh?  Fear not (unless you hate my wirework), I'm still obsessed with my many - many! - reels of wire and still experimenting with it every chance I get.  It's nice, though, to have one creative interest lead (back) to another.  What diverse interests and hobbies do any of you have - and are they much more different to each other than mine? :)

7 comments:

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

Absolutely beautiful new work!

LostnThought said...

Love the artwork Louise!

I love to play with paper but lately I've been into bead weaving. I've got several projects done, I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to photograph them and put them on my Etsy site! My husband says I have Attention Deficit Disorder! I can't stay on one project I have to have 3 or 4 going on at any given time!

Louise said...

Thank you both! :)

I know exactly what you mean, LostnThought - if you knew how many times I have to have an enormous tidy up of all the unfinished projects on my desk ... I've started keeping them in a box now, but it's already full. ;)

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Your artwork is very beautiful and I feel that it calls for more avenues for it. Do you sell prints or cards?

Kristin :)

Louise said...

Thank you, Kristin! Yes, I do sell the cards (had a new batch arrive today!) and I have sold the odd print - I may get these put in the shop, too. :)

Cath said...

Gorgeous!

Cath (Ty Siriol) said...

Gorgeous!